The right candidate for this position is extremely detail oriented & organized, personable, reliable & punctual, careful, more interested in doing things right than just getting them done. Must love classic cars / muscle cars / modified cars and have a passion to learn about the industry. Flexibility is a must as there are occasional late hours to meet deadlines.
For this position, we are not looking for an experienced mechanic, fabricator or auto tech – this position is more of a “Right hand person” to the owner / visionary of the company. The growth trajectory is not into a technician, but into full fledged shop manager as the business grows. Travel to events may be required several times a year.
Qualified applicants after interview will be given a 3 day paid trial period with an evaluation on the third day.
Shop Assistant Duties:
Keep shop clean and organized daily:
- Empty garbage cans
- Put away tools and parts
- Clean and detail cars
- Clean and lubricate shop equipment
- Service equipment at regular intervals
- Ensure expendable materials are inventoried and in stock
- Input and track orders
- Interface with vendors
Shipping and receiving
- Package and ship items out to customers
- Return defective or incorrect purchases
- Manage incoming shipments of parts and materials
Assist with car assembly and disassembly:
- Some mechanical knowledge ideal
- Assist with cleaning parts, disassembly
- Assist with assembling cars
- Assist in photo shoots of cars, and documentation of builds.
- Organize digital assets
- Manage incoming phone calls during normal business hours
- Maintain shop calendar
- Enter data from time tracking
- Pick up / drop off of parts and materials
- Post office and Bank runs
- Physical ability to lift / carry 50lbs + regularly
- Clean driving record and valid license
- Ability to work normal business hours weekly (9-5 M-F) on site in west Oakland
- Basic computer skills
Email recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the body of the email answer these questions:
1: What was your favorite job you have had and why?
2: What is your fondest automotive memory from childhood?
3: If you could have any car, what would it be and why?
Include your full name, phone number and email address in the body of the email
Qualified applicants will be called in for an in person interview
Selected applicants will be given a 3 work day trial period (paid) before a final selection is made.
Pay range is $13-$16 to start depending on experience level