This is a 1967 Econoline Ford Pickup. Econoline Pickups from ’67 are fairly rare — with just around 3000 made in this, its final year of production. The brand has a cool history, which we recapped in a retrospective piece on our blog.
This Martian-inspired relic is a shop favorite, and we can’t wait to get it back on the road — restyled, upgraded and headed towards its forever home. The illustrations above are done by Alberto Hernandez, and show our vision for where this project could go. Here’s the punch list:
- Keep the currently running inline 6 / auto combo and freshen them up.
- Possibly add 2 barrel electronic fuel injection
- Front disc brakes – keep the rear drums
- “Bass Boat” silver roof top, leading to black greenhouse and yellow satin body with black graphics
- Custom one-off bumperettes front and rear
- Body exit custom stainless exhaust in rear corners
- Rocket Racing smoothie wheels
- Paint treatment continued in interior
- Lowback bucket seats
- Custom door panels
- All wiring, mechanicals and weatherstripping replaced with new bits
Interested in taking this one home? Interested but want to make a few tweaks of your own? Want to hang out and talk shop? Give us a call at 510-207-1613 or send us an email. We’re all in.